Sunday 20 January 2013

DVLA complaints


DVLA complaints - According to Google, there are at least 1000 people that search for DVLA complaints each month in the UK.
Needless to say that this is an estimate and the figure is likely to be lower or higher, but my guess would be on the latter, especially after what i
have come to find how DVLA handle their complaints in the first place. Firstly, the DVLA mention that the following message to any complaint email:
"Thank you for your email to the Customer Services Manager. We are sorry that you feel the need to make a complaint about the service we provide.
DVLA will send a full reply within 10 working days. If it is going to take longer to provide you with a reply, we will let you know"
So this implies that either, they are under resourced and have a huge backlog, or in fact that they receive tons of emails in the first place to deal
with. Either way it seems no one has considered how to make this process more efficient or if they have then it hasn't been effective or actioned.
Whatever the reason, if that is the timescale to expect for a complaint made to DVLA, then it is very poor in my opinion. I have seen quicker responses
from both smaller and larger organisations and I cannot understand how the DVLA thinks that this is acceptable. Who in this world actually allows 2
weeks of emails in their inbox????? It is crazy!. But then after my own communication experience with the DVLA, I came to perhaps find out how amateur
their processes are in dealing with the UK driving population.
Towards the end of 2012, I received my notification from the DVLA that told me my UK driving licence would expire on 20th January 2013. At the time,
I thought to myself that if I sent my application in mid December, that it would allow me to receive my new licence in under 3 weeks.
3 weeks to receive a renewed licence in return for an application. How long does it take to make these things would you guess?
Unfortunately the DVLA had the incapability to deliver it in time. Nearly 5 weeks later I have not received my renewed licence and it is the expiry date.
I sent 2 complaints to the DVLA within this period, as for some reason some "smart" representative thought it was a good idea to send me another
renewal application form via post instead of my licence and told me to start the process again. How stupid is that solution from the DVLA? You already waste time 14 days just to reply once
so why would you waste another 2 weeks again?!! You have an email address and phone number and a website - does it not make sense to use technology
to your advantage? I have to say that the DVLA have provided the worst experiece to me in comparison to other organisations.
If you do not want to wait 2 weeks to have DVLA deal with your complaint, then it seems as though you have no choice. Like my experience, there is the
possibility of having a DVLA lengthen the process with some daft solution. 2 weeks response if you contact DVLA no matter what your complaint priority
level is ridiculous. I'd love to know what your DVLA complaints are, I doubt I am the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment